Saturday, March 3, 2012

our little monster is 1...

so hard to believe that B is 1 already! 
taking a break from all of the fun at his MoNsTeR party!!!


I was determined to do some cute things for his
MoNsTeR-themed 1st birthday party - 
so I started about a month ahead, making a list of things to do each week... 
(because if I didn't, then it wouldn't happen until the night before!) 
Truly the most organized I've ever been when it comes to a project or party - 
and I was VERY pleased with the results!


check it all out..........
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

My first project was the TabLe DeCOraTioNs... 
for his 6 month mini-party that his dad and I had for him, 
I had made some hanging decorations out of styrofoam balls and cupcake liners... 
so I repurposed those (and made 4 more) into little monsters!


This was B's favorite - he loved trying to
stick his finger in this monster's"mouth"!


 Next, I worked on a PeNNanT BiRthDaY BaNNeR... 
loved the look of these on the blogs and pinterest posts I had seen in the past! 
The hardest part was picking out a picture of Bryce from each month. 
Once I had those printed, I picked out some fabric quarters and ribbon at JoAnn's, 
cut triangles and numbers from the fabric, and hand sewed it all together. 



I used the same materials to make a banner for his HigHChaIR TrAy...





I used scrapbook paper, scissors, and glue to make some SiGNs!




                                     Decorated a tissue box to be used for a SpOOn HoLDeR...


The favors were little 2oz Play-doh containers 
with a giant google eye and foam hands and feet...
(a make-your-own-monster kit)
put them in a polka-dotted cellophane bag 
and wrapped it up with a Twisteez wire... cute!




He had to have a SpeCIaL SHiRT to wear for his big day....
got a dark blue onesie from Old Navy, fabric and buttons from JoAnn's...
my sewing machine broke halfway through sewing the "1" on the shirt, 
so I ended up hand-sewing most of it. I actually ended up 
loving the "messy" look of the stitching - made it more monster-y!




And, I made him a GiAnT "B"...
something I wanted to make for the wall in his room anyways, 
but turned out to be a great focal point on the cake table!
Made this by creating a 3D B in posterboard and masking tape - 
and then using papermache and paper grocery bags to cover. 
Added a little brown paint for a rustic look, and voila!





The week before was BaKiNG week!
Made chocolate and vanilla cupcakes,
and frosted them with super bright, fun colors and designs!

And made B a Monster with a Mustache smash cake!



And here it is... all put together for the big day! 
<3 LOVE IT!!! <3












check out lots of other creative stuff at 
and






2 comments:

  1. Cute ideas! We are so glad that you linked up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete