Friday, August 5, 2011

happy 1/2 birthday, B...

 So, yeah, I'm a dork.

I thought it would be fun to celebrate his 6 month birthday (and yes, the fact that Laine and I made it 6 whole months without doing anything too horribly wrong to our sweet little baby!)




So, I made this fun little "invite" for daddy and some decorations...



Aren't I so clever to only use half of each letter on his birthday banner...
And these crazy balls of fun (can't decide what to call them!) are so awesome! I had seen directions a long time ago on someone's awesome blog (and I wish I'd have bookmarked it so I could give them some credit....). But here are some directions for you.... buy a styrofoam ball and some cupcake wrappers.... hot glue them to the ball = seriously cool decorations! I can't wait to make more for his real birthday party!





Mom and Dad got to eat some homemade ice cream sandwiches (made with chocolate cake and ice cream) for B's birthday.... B got to eat his first bites of oatmeal. I know, we're so mean. (For giving him oatmeal instead of ice cream... not for making him wear the silly hat! Come on, the hat's cute!)

bottom right... he's helping me with the spoon... is he the smartest or what? ;)




He ate a few bites really well... and then we got this! Hahaha! We'll keep working on it... 



Happy, happy halfie, B-man! Love you!!! :)





5 comments:

  1. Yay for birthday's! (or half-birthdays!)... AND, this is the second post I've seen today that involved home made ice cream. :) It must be a sign. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute birthday. If you get a chance I would love you to link your party ideas up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Jamie I'll definitely check i out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... those pictures are so cute :)
    Best wishes to the 1/2 year old.


    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete