As an elementary art teacher... I feel like I waited too long to introduce B to painting (just kidding!). I have been so excited to paint with Bryce since I knew I was pregnant... obviously I love doing art with kiddos. I figured almost 6 months is plenty old enough to start! :)
My original thought was to squirt some paint on a canvas, lay it out on a sheet in the yard, and let him to go to town, full body painting. BUT, we have a wild deer who has decided to use our yard as his home... very cool if you like watching a deer, very un-cool if you want to spend some relaxing time in your yard. He's nice... but annoying, and I didn't want deer hooves in the painting, or on my baby. ;)
Anyhoo... I figured it was better to start out small anyways, let B get the feel for the paint and see how he reacted. So I raided my art tubs and found some paint...
strapped B in his high chair, and started with yellow...
| "Am I really allowed to be doing this???" |
then we added some red and blue. My job was to stand by and make sure nothing went in his mouth. Which it didn't... he's a pro.
| think he's having fun?? i think so.... |
He painted one-handed... and of course, he had to test it on the tray. Worked just fine there too!
Bryce made three paintings! Definitely going to have to frame one... and maybe display one in my classroom? The kids'll love it. :)
Look at that excitement!!! So adorable. :)
ReplyDeletescrolled through your photos again and they STILL make me smile. He is a super cutie! Anyhow... In response to your question on my blog - Yes! I got the D90 (Tuesday's blogpost) and I LOVE it. I haven't fully figured out it's functionality yet - but I'm learning as I go! :)
ReplyDelete