Wednesday, July 20, 2011

motivation, here I come...

Remember this blog post?  My 'to do' list?

You'll be happy to know (or, in all honesty, my guess is that you couldn't care less.... but I'm happy to know...) that I have completed one thing and have begun another already! Woohoo!

Here are some pics of what I've done... those darn paintings that have been sitting in the entryway for over 6 months...

I stretched and gessoed the canvas myself, before I started painting (a long time ago!)... but didn't get pictures of that. Here they are, with pencil sketches... ready to be painted!



Two started.... kind of going for a woodsie theme in his room... hence the owl. It was inspired by a WAY too expensive bedding set that I knew I could never afford. So instead I've just bought the cheaper items out of the collection, and I'm trying to make my own things to bring it all together.




I was painting on my deck, because it was a beautiful day out! B was playing on that blanket beside me... and surprisingly never tried to get to my paints!





Just need to do the backgrounds...




Here are the finished paintings... laying on the floor in B's room, where they'll probably stay for quite awhile, because, as you now know... I'm a procrastinator. Hey! I got them painted! That's a huge accomplishment!







On to the "You are my Sunshine" wall hanging... I've already bought the wood, sanded it, and oiled it! Pics coming soon........ hopefully! :)

1 comment: