Saturday, May 28, 2011

experimenting with PE

Okay, so for years, I've had Photoshop Elements on my computer. I did have a little bit of instruction in the use of Photoshop in college... but not enough. And although I have the newest version, my knowledge of how to use PE is pretty much limited to adjusting some colors and creating really funny faces using the... shoot... what tool was that? Okay, see... I'm not very good at Photoshop.

BUT, I'm a total Photoshopper Wannabe. So I've been doing some research online to find some fun things that I can try out on my pictures. I think my first one turned out pretty cool... I used the instructions on this website (http://www.digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-digital-photos-look-like-lomo-photography) to make it look like lomo photography, a style I've always thought was pretty awesome looking. I think maybe I could've made it a little more dramatic - but I have a tendency to keep things light - I have to push myself a little more in that area. (In my college oil painting class, my end-of-the-semester project ended up looking like a watercolor... it was either my fear of getting things too dark, or the fact that I was a dirt poor college student and didn't want to have to buy more oil paints...)

Anyhoo... what do you think?

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment